I was taking out some empty flooring boxes to the trash this morning, and found both dumpsters full. So I turned over one of the regular garbage cans and found it full of webbing and a rather large black spider. A closer inspection as the old girl turned her underside to me revealed a bright shiny hourglass...a dead giveaway that it was a black widow one of the few poisonous spiders indigenous to my area. Although the venom is more toxic than some snakes, you don't usually die from the bite, and I'd never seen a live one before. Before taking care of it (you don't leave a poisonous spider free to lay her eggs around your house!), I grabbed my camera and snapped some shots for the arachnophobes out there to enjoy.