Sunday, September 16, 2007

Needing Credibility? (Part 3)

Someone else on the comments section of a Lincoln Journal Star letters area has appropriated my internet name in order to mock me.
daveloneranger wrote on September 13, 2007 11:44 pm:
" Why is everybody always picking onme? Is it because I drag my mother in to defend my beliefs? Or is it because I like to twirl a baton on the intarwebs? In summation: People who enroll in Uion college know what they're getting into. Let them choose if they want their kids to be taught things that will prepare them for the real world or not.

The "drag my mother in" comment is because my mother maintains a rare presence on Free Republic, and stopped by a thread about Sean Hannity kicking me off his program. The lowlifes at DarwinCentral continue to drag her into the discussion as a means of ridiculing me. (Amusingly, they fault me for making them who they are today!) I have little doubt that it was one of them who wrote the comment.

It's such a good feeling to know people care.

4 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 at 10:37:00 AM PDT, Anonymous bruced said...

How ya doin'?

 
At September 25, 2007 at 6:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger Dave said...

Good, Bruce. I've been frightfully busy the past several days, but I'm on my way back over to finish our conversation.

 
At September 26, 2007 at 4:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous bruced said...

Good deal!

You know, having read some of your recent posts, it's amazing to me how much alike we are in our thinking... well, except for one area ;-)

I am also very conservative, pro-America, gun-rights, etc. I served in the military for 10 years, including time overseas, in combat and out of combat. I appreciate who you are, and really don't have an issue with what you believe theologically. Personally, I think you'll miss out on some of the "richness" of life, but I'm ok with that. Funny thing, as you've shared what you believe about God, I am sure that I used to believe very closely to the way you believe now. But, I've changed in that area. I hope you can understand, and give me the grace to be who I am. I can't say that I can imagine even a glimmer of chance that I'll go back to believing in an angry God who is to be feared, but who knows where the future will take me!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I think you're a very special person with a very bright future ahead! Great love and peace to you, my friend!

 
At October 6, 2007 at 9:45:00 PM PDT, Anonymous sunkenciv said...

Hey, there's no such thing as bad publicity. :') Noli nothis permittere te terere.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home