Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bookses, Precious, Lots of Bookses!

I must have become either more interesting or less interesting of an adult than my younger self would have pictured. When I visited a library stock sale today, I browsed through several different sections, including sciences, reference, medicine, poetry, classic literature, fiction, textbooks, etc. Nothing caught my eye.

Then I found the politics and history table. I began scanning titles, and then randomly snatching books up as they appealed to me. They were really cheap ($0.25 for paperback, $1 for hardback), so I got the following:

Creationism on Trial by Langdon Gilkey

World Civilizations, Fourth Edition, Volumes 1 & 2

The Way Things Ought To Be by Rush Limbaugh

See, I Told You So by Rush Limbaugh

How To Get Elected - An ancdotal history of mudslinging, red-baiting, vote-stealing and dirty tricks in American politics by Jack Mitchell

The Bill of Rights and Landmark Cases by Edmund Lindop

The Middle Ages Volume 1: Sources of Medieval History by Brian Tierney

The Harbrace History of England - Ancient and Medieval England Beginning to 1509 by J.R. Lander

So either I've becoming really boring, or really interesting, but I doubt my younger self would have expected me to turn out this way!

2 Comments:

At October 13, 2007 at 6:05:00 PM PDT, Anonymous bruced said...

how are you?

 
At October 15, 2007 at 11:24:00 PM PDT, Blogger Dave said...

Very occupied at the moment, Bruce, but I've still got your blog in mind to come back to.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home