Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WTC Photos: Disturbing Results From Across the Web

I've been working on finding images, video and audio for the September 11 memorial project I'm working on. So far, major sites do not turn up a lot of fruitful results. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX all do not have substantial galleries of footage or photos from September 11th. I posted a thread in Free Republic asking for help, and didn't get a lot of response.

I've been searching on Google, MetaCafe and YouTube. I've been on Time Magazine's website, as well as National Geographic. Some good stuff from Time, but not a lot. Wikipedia has some good stuff; I'm still in the process of combing through those galleries.

I've been going back over old archived threads, including one very promising one entitled "AMERICA ATTACKED: Online FReeper library - Post your links to memorial sites, photos, videos, etc." There are a great many links to memorials, galleries and tributes, and I'm finding that most of them don't work anymore. There are a great many photos from that thread that I'm able to save, but the mind tires of seeing just photos; I need VIDEO to carry this project off.

Alas, I fear that while many are saying "Never Forget," others around us are already forgetting.

I'm constantly inundated with ideas such as this, but it occurs to me that we need one comprehensive website that deals with images from 9/11. Oh, there are some already out there.September-11th.us is a good one. September11news.com is good, as well as Rememberthe11th.com. But we need something bigger, better and more comprehensive. If I weren't so short on time and money, maybe I'd try to do something about it.

Anyway, if you have good video, audio or picture links, please send them to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home