Saturday, June 30, 2007

Harry Potter Mania Just Beginning?

I've never been a big fan of the Harry Potter series. I am the first to acknowledge that this is an "uninformed" opinion, because I have not read it. I have never subscribed to the belief that all things must be tried once, and that before holding an opinion on something, you must experience it.

I'm equally unsure that it is poisoning our children into witchcraft. There seems to be a far more distinctive line of witchcraft drawn in Harry Pothead than in other fanciful works such as Lord of the Rings.

But when I read that there will be a Harry Potter themepark, I knew this had gone too far. Lord of the Rings has far more culture, lore, heritage and history than dumb 'ol Harry Potter. If anything deserves its own theme park, Lord of the Rings does. Not that sorry little punk wizard.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home