Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Christmas Kicking Off Early?

As a man of many tastes, I flip through most of a dozen radio stations while driving home, or before going to sleep. I have three country stations, two pop ("soft rock") stations that occasionally have some good songs, plus two Christian stations and four talk stations.

So my question is, what's with the early Christmas? Seems to me it is coming earlier each year. For example, Delilah is already playing Christmas songs.

It's become a running gag in the past few years that Karen Carpenter stalks me, because the popularity of "Merry Christmas, Darling" and other timeless seasonal hits merit repeated airings on stations. And Monday, November 6, at about 8:15 in the evening, Delilah cued Karen, and I begin screaming in horror.

Following her was Burl Ives, at which I regretfully switched stations. Look, people, it's just too soon. As I type, it's 54 degrees outside. It has to get cold and wintery first before we kick in the Christmas music.

I can't wait for the Christmas season to start either. Since acquiring free music downloads, I downloaded a couple of new, awesome yet obscure Christmas songs that I can't wait to break in, but not until Thanksgiving, or the day after. That's when it officially begins. Not until.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home