Thursday, September 14, 2006

Taking the time to say "Thank you."

I was walking to class yesterday and I spied a minivan with several fellows in the white uniforms and caps of the Navy. I felt just a tad nervous, but I went up to them and said "You guys military?"

I know that may seem like a dumb question, but I don't want to find out after I start thanking them that they're just security guards, or dressing up, or something like that.

They said they were. So I shook each man's hand and thanked him for his service.

I'm not bragging. I'm telling you this to encourage you to do the same. It was stepping out of my comfort zone just a tad, but think of the difference it will make in these young servicemen's lives. They may never forget you or I for coming up and thanking them.

If you see someone in uniform, tell 'em thanks. Make sure they're for real first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home